Admission to SPI is through written test and interview. Both will be conducted in English only.
Only the candidates qualifying in the Written Test will be called for interview.
1. The written test will consist of two papers as follows:-
2. Marks required to qualify in the written test will be decided at the discretion of the institute
3. The General Ability paper will include questions on General English, General Science, Social Science, General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Intelligence test questions. About 50 questions will be on General English which will include grammar, comprehension, error correction, synonym-antonym etc.
4. Both the papers will be set from the 10th class syllabus of State Board / CBSE and no separate syllabus has been laid down.
5. The questions on GK and Current Affairs will be of elementary nature which a 10th class student is expected to be aware of.
6. Both the question papers will be of Multiple Choice Questions Format, wherein, under each question, four suggested answers will be given. Candidate has to choose one which he thinks is correct and mark it on OMR sheet provided.
7. The written test will be held in the month of April every year at Nagpur, Pune, Kolhapur and Aurangabad Center. Exact dates and place will be intimated in the Hall Ticket/through SMS.
8. The results will not be declared at the examination centre.
9. The results will be uploaded on the Institute’s website.
10. The qualified candidates will also be informed individually through SMS/ e-mail about their interview programme.
1. The Candidates who qualify in the written test will be interviewed by the Interviewing Board/Selection Committee.
2. Interviews will be conducted at Pune and Aurangabad.
3. The interview will be based on General Intelligence, Personality Test, General Awareness and knowledge of Current Affairs.
4. The interview is conducted in English and the candidates are expected to communicate in simple English.
5. Candidate should bring original copies of annual examination results of 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th (if already passed) class along with the certificates of other achievements at the time of interview.
6. Final merit list will be uploaded on the Institute’s website.